Science is one of the key foundation subjects in the National Curriculum.
The aims of teaching science are:
- Develop inquiring minds and curiosity about science and the natural world.
- Appreciate the benefits and limitations of science and its application in technological developments.
- Demonstrate attitudes and develop values of honesty and respect for themselves, others, and their shared environment.
Throughout your child’s journey at Rucstall they will develop through a progression of skills.
- Develop skills of scientific inquiry to design and carry out scientific investigations and evaluate scientific evidence to draw conclusions.
- Think analytically, critically and creatively to solve problems, judge arguments and make decisions in scientific and other contexts.
- Communicate scientific ideas, arguments and practical experiences accurately in a variety of ways.
Here are some exciting websites that might be of interest for science stories or activities: