Welcome to the new mathematics subject page. On here you will be given updates about challenges set for your children, as well as a host of other mathematical related things!!
Mathematics teaches us how to make sense of the world around us through developing a child’s ability to calculate, to reason and to solve problems. It enables children to understand and appreciate relationships and pattern in both number and space in their everyday lives.
Through our teaching of mathematics we aim to support our children in a variety of ways in order that they develop their own sense of interest and curiosity to reach their full potential.
We want our children to:
- Enjoy their mathematics lessons.
- Have the confidence and ability to work both independently and with others.
- Have an enthusiastic approach to learn new things.
- Build their confidence and fluency in mathematical knowledge, concepts and skills.
- Have an ability to use and apply mathematics across the curriculum and in real life.
- Have the competency to solve problems, by applying their skills to an assortment of problems.
- Be able to reason, to think logically and to work systematically and accurately.
- Have the capacity to reason and explain relationships using mathematical language.
- Have a more secure understanding of mathematics through a process of enquiry and experiment.
Help with learning times tables:
Variety of KS1 and KS2 games to support mathematics: